Who We Are
SEMA SCRAP is a privately-owned Uruguayan Company that has been actively involved in the recycling industry since 1983. We are dealers, processors and brokers of all grades of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. As a buyer and recycler of metals, we are proud of the continuing contributions we make towards the protection of our environment, achieved through our waste reduction efforts.
The vision of our company is to diversify our operations and develop as an integral part of the recycling and waste management industry. Our overriding goals are to maintain long-term company growth at a comfortable rate, expand the range of environmental services offered to our customers and to increase the revenues of our customers by substantiating our position in our industry and offering cost-effective solutions to our customers’ waste management needs.
Over the duration of our many years of service SEMA SCRAP has developed a strong and diverse client base. In addition to servicing commercial, industrial and institutional accounts, we have also developed strong business relationships with many independent scrap dealers who find comfort and satisfaction in bringing their business to us. Our continued dedication to provide professional and trustworthy service has rewarded us with the opportunity to offer stability and dependability to all of our valued customers.
At SEMA SCRAP, all metals pass through a radiation detector and are inspected for hazardous material, then weighed and processed. The first step in our process is identifying and classifying all material received. The integrity of the product is maintained through this process, allowing our customer to be paid for the true value of the goods. We assess the purity and consistency of the material to free it of impurities like rubber, wood and any cross-contaminating metal. The material is then prepared and packaged to the specification of our consumers. SEMA SCRAP then ships the material to the consumer where it is reproduced into new material.
At SEMA SCRAP we offer a wide range of scrap metal recycling services. Our customers rely us to assist them in managing customer risk, reducing costs, enhancing productivity, eliminating waste, enhancing legislative, health and safety compliances and above all, adding value to their operations and processes.
Our services include;
- Permanent and temporary use of container bin service for manufacturing/industrial plants
- Scrap metal handling services for manufacturing/industrial use, including warehouse tote boxes, dumping hoppers, and customized bins
- Plant dismantling, demolition and general cleanups
- Evaluation of metal waste
- Separation and processing of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Supply of equipment and labour necessary for large clean-ups, structural dismantling and large item removal
- Guaranteed product destruction with proper documentation supplied
- Service contracts based on market fluctuation
- Waste management services
- Public weight scales for purchasing of all types of metals at our location
As our business has expanded over the years, SEMA SCRAP. has been proud to support numerous community initiatives and charities within the local area.
By partnering with these great organizations, we are able to give back to the community in more than one way.
In line with our commitment to the environment, we believe that giving back to the community is vital to the sustainable development of our future. For a list of our partnerships and involvement please follow the links below.
- We take responsibility for QUALITY… Our products and services will be “best in class” in terms of value received for money paid. We will deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
- We deliver CUSTOMER satisfaction … We are dedicated to satisfying our customers. We believe in respecting our customers, listening to their requests and understanding their expectations. We strive to exceed their expectations in affordability, quality and on-time delivery.
- We act with INTEGRITY in all we do… We are each personally accountable for the higher standards of behavior, including honesty and fairness in all aspects of our work. We fulfill our commitments as responsible citizens and employees. We will consistently treat customers and company resources with the respect they deserve.
- We value our PEOPLE… We treat one another with respect and take pride in the significant contributions that come from the diversity of individuals and ideas. Our continued success requires us to provide the education and development needed to help our people grow. We are committed to openness and trust in all relationships.
- We regard our SUPPLIERS as essential team members… We owe our suppliers the same type of respect that we show to our customers. Our suppliers deserve fair price and equitable treatment, clear agreements and honest feedback on performance.
SEMA SCRAP’s protocol is always to be fair and reasonable in all that we do and only to work in affiliations where we can add value. Through this policy we have established a reputation as a trusted and reliable organisation that you can do business securely.
We identify niche opportunities through our worldwide relationships and local country knowledge. Using our extensive experience in international non-ferrous metal trading and production, raw materials mining, distribution, shipping and logistics know how to identify a mutual and beneficial partnership which allows us to exploit our impressive competitive edge, delivering tangible value to our Stakeholders, business partners, clients and suppliers all around the world.
An important part of our success has been the strong links we have forged across emerging markets, as well as existing and long-standing relationships in Asia, Africa, South America and the Far East. These partnerships enable us to tailor our solutions for production, financing, marketing and distribution of the finished products and raw materials we specialize in throughout the world.
Through centralizing our key operations via our headquarters where all key functions are achieved including management, project analysis, financing, production control, marketing, purchase/sales and contracts and only using our satellite offices for direct functions, we are able to maintain a very competitive overhead which is significantly less than our main competitors. This intern gives us a cutting edge and adds further value.
Whether it is providing innovative trade solutions, working with manufacturers and end users to allow them to better manage price risk, the various aspects of transporting raw materials and products, or providing a portfolio of technical and marketing expertise for a required product SEMA SCRAP is a dynamic organisation with the track record, expertise and knowledge to ensure the smooth completion of business from inception to completion.